- +70% YOY Unaided Awareness
- 88% Video Completion Rate
- +200% YoY Social Actions
As COVID-19 emerged in March 2020, Pinnacol Assurance’s previously planned marketing strategy was no longer relevant. It took an all-hands-on-deck approach to shift the planned 2020 campaign strategy into a new campaign that was more pertinent to the times. Pinnacol launched the “What Matters” campaign within record time, which utilized paid, owned, and earned media. The PSA-style campaign brought awareness to Pinnacol’s commitment to the Colorado business community and expertise in workers’ safety, emphasizing free content resources and safety consultations.
Getting into the market as quickly as possible and producing the creative was one of the biggest hurdles. The strategy was to launch with a media partner who provided quick-to-market creative and then rotated in the more involved creative assets. The media strategy required additional planning to ensure the media plan considered the impacts of the COVID-19 and media consumption shifts happening in real-time. The multi-touch strategy included broadcast TV, CTV, video preroll, terrestrial radio, smart speaker preroll radio, streaming preroll radio, social, and display. Media plans were planned and booked quarterly to respond to a changing crisis and evolve messaging.
- Brand Awareness Study: Unaided awareness: Up to 70% YoY
- Video Completion Rate: 88%
- Social Actions: 200% increase YoY
- To make aligned decisions quickly, include all marketing stakeholders.
- Include a brand awareness study. It will translate media metric success to the boardroom.
- The investment in quarterly planning provides responsiveness to external factors.